Random August

Spam of the month: Steve Jobs Names God as Successor.

This Toronto event from last weekend made it to the news in South Carolina (got a panicked call from a friend). Big explosion at a propane depot, two deaths, mass evacuation of residents. Video here and articles here.

This week, Condelieeza Rice said ""This is not 1968 ... where Russia can threaten a neighbor, occupy a capital, overthrow a government and get away with it". Really?? You can't just waltz in, occupy a country, overthrow a government and get away with it? Oh, sorry. Russia can't. Nevermind!
For the knitters out there.  Knitler (and other
dictators). Trevor sent it to me. Blame him, not me. I laughed.
My home country was occupied by the Nazis during
WWII, so if I laughed, you can, too.

(first, I get blatantly political, then I laugh at dictators...
wonder if I'll get flamed in the comments?)

Any potential rancour might be mitigated by this. My
good buddy Craig told me about this (yes, we’re
friends – he talks to me every night from the TV).
The Yes Dance. Fork in the garbage disposal!! (NSFW).

The fifteen most sexist commercials of daytime TV. Am I the only one who’s tired of the same old crap being perpetuated?? Women aren’t manipulative sirens from a tender age (#15), men are capable of cooking a meal (#8) and…. Just… sigh.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?