50, Sarah and Miss Piggy

   
For the last 30 years, I've battled against the prevailing North American belief that Copenhagen is the capital of Holland and that coming from Denmark makes me Dutch. However, thanks to Marianna, I will today claim some kinship with that other small Northern European nation.

Because today is what the Dutch would call my Sarah Birthday. It boggles my mind that I can claim that many trips around the sun, but the idea of it representing the gaining of wisdom makes it something to be happy about.

This weekend we celebrated with a lovely party and more photos will be forthcoming. Later in the week. Today, I plan to do nothing. Maybe Nothing. But I'll leave you with a photo of me and the singing telegram organized by my family and friends. Nothing at all like the Miss Piggy they'd expected, but that just made it even more fun.

    

Comments

Diane said…
Happy, Happy! Are you having pork chops tonight?
LynnM said…
Enjoy your festivities week! I had to practice my Miss Piggy when I saw this pic "Kermie, your my boyfriend Kermie!" (Okay you can't hear it but I do it very well!)

Bummer about the buskerinconvenience during your festivities week. Much joy and happiness.
May you have a fabulous day doing absolutely nothing! You look fabulous!
Marika said…
Happy Birthday!
knittingyoyo said…
Are you seriously 50? That I can't believe. Hope you have had a great birthday.
Be content that it's Miss Piggy doing the singing and not me. :)

So, in lieu of singing, I'll wish you a best ever year!

Happy Sarah Birthday!
AlisonH said…
That picture is priceless! Happy Birthday!
Diane said…
I wish I'd known about Sarah birthdays a few years ago...didn't know I was supposed to get special treatment!
Happy Birthday! That is the scariest Miss Piggy costume ever. It's the horror movie version. I dread to think what Kermit would look like...

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?