Proud to Be Us/Exercise with RA

Things have been just a tad busy around here. As evidence herewith my CreakyJoints and HealthCentral posts for this week.

First, I write about being proud of who you are and celebrating our community for Arthritis Awareness Month:

"Happy Arthritis Awareness Month! This is the annual 31 days of making the over 100 different types of arthritis visible and a reminder to be proud of who we are.

Proud? Of having a chronic illness? Yes, exactly."

The rest of that post is on the CreakyJoints site.

On HealthCentral, our big project for Arthritis Awareness Month is a video showing different levels of physical activity for different levels of RA. It stars several members of the RAHealthCentral team (including me, my butt and Lucy). My companion post is about finding ways to be physically active when you have severe RA:

"Every now and again, I run into an enthusiastic health professional who opines that I should exercise. I try telling them that exercise makes me flare. "What about range of motion exercises, then?" they chirp optimistically.

 
And that's when I tell them that my life is a range of motion exercise."

You can read the rest of that post here.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?