It's Heeeere...

I'd like to introduce you to the paperback edition of Your Life with Rheumatoid Arthritis. To differentiate this from the ebook edition, we call it the Book Book.


In unguarded moments, I call it My Preciousss

It's got an incredibly beautiful cover by Dan Handler. The man does magic, transitioning an e-book cover into a wrap-around Book Book cover that has flow and cohesion. 

Publishing a book requires an endless number of decisions, one of which was about the font we should use. We needed to find one that happened in the background, making the text easy to read, yet fit the book and me equally. We finally narrowed it down to a couple of options, one of which was called Minion Pro. I wanted to use it just for the name alone, but it also happens to be the one that works the best. This tickles me to no end.

Once we found the font, The Boy set to formatting the interior. E-book formatting doesn't work in Book Book edition, so we had to rework it substantially. David did magic, achieving subtle differences that makes it look attractive, yet easy to read


In February, my lifelong dream of having a book with my name on it came into being when the book was published as an e-book. It was overwhelming and joyful. Holding a physical copy of my book was a completely different experience. For a book nerd like myself, it was indescribable.

The Book Book is available on CreateSpace, Amazon US and Amazon UK
    



Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations Lene! What a wonderful to have the print version in front of you.
knittingyoyo said…
Yeah!! I am excited. I love Book Book's because I like to do a lot of red pencil markings for important things to remember. Can't wait to order it. Congrats!
Trevor Tymchuk said…
Very cool!
If it becomes available through Amazon.ca or indigo, I'll be ordering it. Already own two copies of the ebook. (Bought both the Kindle and Kobo versions).
Anonymous said…
Yeah Lene! Congratulations!I love the "book, book". What an accomplishment. I bet you are so happy. :)
Oooooo, now that must make it seem so much more real - something you can proudly place on your bookshelf!

Congrats!
Leslie said…
What a wonderful thing! How proud you must be! Please sit back and bask in the glow of your success for at least 15 uninterrupted minutes!
Anonymous said…
Lene: Congratulations. Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?