Managing Healthcare Appointments: An Interview with Ricky White


As the month of January wore on, I found myself doing just a little bit of work to start easing back into things. One of the things I did was review a fantastic new book by Ricky White called Taking Charge:Making Your Healthcare Appointments Work for You. No matter how long you've a chronic illness, is this book has something to teach you. And if you don't have a chronic illness, you can still learn some interesting things about interacting with healthcare professionals. My new post for HealthCentral reviews the book and interviews Ricky:

"One of the biggest challenges of living with chronic illness is managing your health care appointments. So much depends on those few minutes you see your doctor or other health care provider. Ricky White’s new book Taking Charge: Making Your Healthcare Appointments Work for You aims to help you get better care by getting a handle on this part of the process. Uniquely qualified to offer this advice, Ricky has experience on both sides of the desk, having worked as a nurse and living with ankylosing spondylitis. Filled with helpful and tips from planning and goal setting, to building better relationships with your health care professionals, Taking Charge is a quick read that will serve you well every time you see your doctor, physical therapists, dietitians, and so on.

I recently spoke to Ricky about his background and the book.
HealthCentral (HC): Please tell us a little about yourself.

Ricky: I’m originally from England where I worked as a registered nurse, but moved to the U.S. in 2014. The most important thing to know about me is that I’m tired, constantly. By day I’m a stay-at-home dad to two energetic children (5 years old and 2 years old). By night, if I’m still awake, I like to write, code, and care for my Bonsai trees. I’m also a martial artist, and devote some of my time to teaching other students.
Oh, and I also have a type of autoimmune arthritis called: ankylosing spondylitis (also known as A.S.)."

Read the rest of the interview with Ricky White on RAHealthCentral.
  

Comments

Rick Phillips said…
Lene I have a similar app. It is si called Sheryl. She is likely a bit more interactive but then interactive can be an issue some days. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?