The Gift of the Holiday Season

I am (seasonally appropriate) so grateful for the incredible support my HealthCentral family is giving me and Chronic Christmas: Surviving the Holidays with a Chronic Illness!

David Mendosa of the HealthCentral Diabetes site reviewed my new book and asked some insightful questions about it:

"

If you have a chronic illness that limits your activity, this new book is the best gift you can give yourself this holiday season. If you have friends or relatives for whom the holidays are challenging, also give them a copy.

But don’t wait until Christmas! You need this book now.
The book is “Chronic Christmas: Surviving the Holidays with a Chronic Illness” by Lene Andersen, the Community Leader of HealthCentral’s rheumatoid arthritis site.
 
Nobody is better suited for writing it than Lene Andersen. She is not only a person who has to manage a chronic illness but also is an accomplished writer. And Christmas is Lene’s favorite holiday, which she writes about in an upbeat and inspiring style.

For such a serious subject, her book is light and shows her sense of humor well. As I read it, I smiled and laughed often.

The Christmas season can be stressful. This book can show you how to find balance and connect to the joy of the holiday.


HealthCentral (HC): Please tell me a bit about yourself, Lene?
Lene: I was born and raised in Denmark and now live in Toronto, Canada. I’ve had juvenile arthritis (JA) since I was 4 years old and had a pretty rough time of it in my childhood. By the time I was 16, I’d had double hip replacements and started using a power wheelchair.

The disease has sidetracked me many times over the years, sometimes quite seriously, but I do my best to focus on living my life. I have a background in social work, but started a new career as a writer after a large flare of my JA reminded me of how important it is to follow your dreams."

You can read the rest of his interview on HealthCentral.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?