Back to Work with Chronic Illness


Years ago, I was away from the job market for 10 years. A change in government meant I lost the job I had and it was very hard to find something else. After the big flare, my body prevented me from finding something else.

And then I found something that was perfect for me, both in terms of what I wanted to do, and in terms of accommodating my limitations.

In this week's post for HealthCentral, I share tips on how to get back to work with chronic illness.

"There are many reasons why a person with chronic illness may be absent from the workplace. It could be related to the chronic illness, or maybe to another life event, such as the birth of a child or taking care of a relative. Whatever the reason, now’s the time to get back to work. But how do you do that after an extended absence?


My story

I lost a much-loved job in equal opportunity — a change in government had deemphasized the type of work I did, and my contract wasn’t renewed. I couldn’t find work for a very long time and then I had the big flare, which made it physically impossible for me to work."
  

Read the rest of the post on HealthCentral.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?