Seeking Inspiration

I'm stalled out. Again.

I overdid a bit. Again.

I didn't realize until it's too late. Again.


Will I ever learn?


After a week of sitting as still as I'm capable in an attempt to heal, there hasn't been much progress. I have thoroughly lost my sense of humour, but I'm not sure if that can be termed progress. Probably the opposite. I'm angry, frustrated and a whole host of other synonyms for a bubbling vat of resentment that my body gets to decide what I do. The way out is to do a 180 on my attitude, which I will. Eventually. I have to seethe some more first.


However, to get the process started, I gave myself an assignment. Earlier this week I saw/read something - and I forget where because did I mention the vast quantities of painkillers? - where someone said they were writing a list of people who inspired them.


This week, I've been thinking a lot about Laura Hillenbrand, the author of Seabiscuit who had chronic fatigue syndrome (the author, not the horse). It took her four years to write the book because she spent long periods being stalled out by flares of her disease.


So I will continue to try to sit as still as possible, take my drugs and think about perseverance.


Who inspires you?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?