Random July

To start this month's random link-o-rama off right, click here for a video of Gary Kasparov and the flying penis. Depending on how puritanical your employer is, this may be very NSFW. My favorite moment is when the bodyguard gets ready to throw himself into the path of a speeding…. flying penis?

Apparently wheelchairs are enough of a vehicle that you can get charged with impaired driving. Horses are vehicles, too. Who knew?

Placebo for kids. There's just so much wrong with this that I don't know where to start.

This is new book that is being very well-publicized called Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions. It's got a website and everything and I'm not exactly sure what I think of the concept. However, I will refrain from judging something I haven't read, except to say if it's the taste of millions, it’s hardly unique, innit?

Some time ago, Donna from Million Dollar PetPix Time Capsule sent an e-mail inviting me to check out her site and I have. It's pretty cool - in addition to creating an online time capsule about your pet, which you can share with friends and family all over the world. You can then make your pet a Star and by a large pixel or small pixel, which stays for 10 years. The site also contains interesting articles with topics ranging from parrot pigments, condos and pet rights, guide dogs and children autism to information about puppy mills. Useful, while enabling us to share our Furred Wonders with the world. I like that.

A couple of people have sent me various links for a British reality show about disabled models - I'd love to give credit to everyone who alerted me to it, but my inbox is an unholy mess and I'd be sure to miss someone (there's a more in-depth article here). Please know that I'm grateful to all of you and feel free to identify yourself in the comments. All I can say is that I wish the show was being broadcast on the side of the pond because I'd love to see more. I read an entry on a blog a little while ago about the show - and can of course not remember where it was and am starting to get very disappointed in myself at how very vague I am about something I'm this interested in. Anyway, the writer of that particular blog had seen one of the episodes and found it very disappointing that aside from the disability, the girls were catty and bitchy - in other words, just like any other reality show about models. Which, quite frankly, I find reassuring and delightful. Because instead of being Role Models or Saints, it shows that people with disabilities are just like everyone else. Some of us are nice, some of us are not. I really, really wish they would show it in North America.

Apparently, these voicemails from Dimitri the Douchebag had been around for years, but it's the first time I've heard of it. Although I'm sure it's a joke, it's enough to send me into long-term celibacy.

And lastly, to take us out on as surreal and note as we started, this link is from my friend Leslie. For the excitement of many, they have discovered that 'srooms are good for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Gain and Biologics: The Battle of the Pudge

Real RA: It's Not Just About the Jar

Farber’s Disease: Could Your Child’s Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Be Misdiagnosed?